Lisa and Richard Mackilop just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary, but they have been investing in buy-and-hold properties for over 20 years. They first learned about wholesaling in November 2020, met me a month later, and the rest is history.
In this episode, Lisa and Richard look back on their foray into real estate investing and how they entered the Florida market. They break down their most recent deals, sharing their marketing channels and how they build rapport with sellers.
- Wholesaling is the key to gaining cash and finding the best deals
- Build a cash buyers list
- Do what will lead you to the outcome that you want
- My book recommendations for learning about rentals
- Educating yourself is the first step of taking action
- Driving For Dollars Mastery
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy and Robert Kiyosaki
- Multi-Family Millions by David Lindahl